Nonstick cooking spray
12 bone-in chicken thighs (3 1/2 to 4 pounds total), skinned
1 large onion (sliced) (optional)
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon red (Cayenne) pepper
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 16-ounce package frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
* Spinach and Rice Side Dish
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in the prepared cooker. Sprinkle chicken with tapioca, salt and pepper. Place onion on top of the chicken, if desired. Pour hoisin sauce over chicken.
- If you really love your dad, you’ll marinate the chicken and optional onions in this mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- If cooking on LOW, turn to HIGH. Stir in frozen vegetable. Cover and cook for 30 to 45 minutes more or just until vegetables are tender. * Serve over hot cooked rice.
Makes 6 servings
345 Calories per serving
*Spinach and Rice Side Dish
Brown rice (3 cups cooked)
2 cups packed fresh spinach, chopped
1 teaspoon butter
Pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Place chopped spinach in the bottom of a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour hot cooked rice on top
- Add butter and mix throughly. Hot rice will wilt spinach slightly.
- Season with pepper